Wednesday, October 6 from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Drop into The Hive, 200 N. Broadway, Ste. 110, and write a message of support and love for our clients in shelter.
- Buy a special t-shirt for Domestic Violence Awareness month and learn about our services.
- Come by anytime between 11 and 3 to spread some hope and positivity!
Thursday, October 7 @ 5:30-7 p.m.
- Join Janet and Sharon from BloomKS for a hands-on fall planting workshop! Create a colorful fall container that will look beautiful on your porch or deck.
- Bring your own pot and we’ll provide mums, pansies, gourds, grasses, violas, and soil. Enjoy snacks and wine while you work and catch up with friends.
- At the home of WFCC Development Director Amy Cox, 1726 N. Cypress Street, 67206
- A ticket is $55 – includes plants and soil, appetizers, and beverages
- See photo on left for an example of what you will be creating
- Bring your own pot! We recommend approximately 18 inches in diameter and easily transported! If you have gardening gloves and a small trowel, bring those too!
- Limited to 25 participants – Register today!
Saturday, October 9 @ 9-11 a.m.
- Purple Mile – Annual Domestic Violence Awareness Walk
- Wichita State University, Rhatigan Student Center (East Side)
- A free community event to honor victims of domestic violence and raise awareness.
Tuesday, October 12 @ 6:30-8 p.m.
- Wine Tasting at Jenny Dawn Cellars, 703 E. Douglas, Ste 180
- The tasting will feature 6 wines with 3 food pairings. We will take time to explore and discuss each wine, and along the way, will learn about the history of Jenny Dawn Cellars and how each of the wines was made.
- A portion of all the evening’s sales will be donated to WFCC.
- Tickets are $50 and only 25 will be sold! Purchase HERE.
Thursday, October 14 @ 3-10 p.m.
- Give-back night at Central Standard Brewing, 156 Greenwood
- Join us for community and delicious brews at one of our favorite local spots!
- A portion of the evening’s sales will be donated to WFCC.
Friday, October 15 @ 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Domestic Violence Awareness Walk at Island Park in Winfield, 200 Main Street, Winfield.
- Join the staff of WFCC and WASAC’s Cowley and Sumner County offices for an awareness walk to honor victims and survivors of domestic violence.
- We will have activities for all ages.
Saturday, October 16 @ 6:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Give-back day at Leslie Coffee Company, 930 W. Douglas.
- Swing by for coffee, yummy baked goods, and delicious food all day!
- A portion of the day’s sales will be donated to WFCC.
Sunday, October 17 @ 1-4 p.m.
- We will be raising awareness of domestic violence at The Workroom, 150 N. Cleveland, for Sundays with Love!
- Local (and spectacular!) musician Rudy Love Jr. will be performing outside.
- Support us by purchasing a t-shirt and create some sidewalk art to show your love for domestic violence survivors!
Friday, October 22 @ 7-9 p.m.
- Join us at XY Bar, 235 E. Douglas, for the Bitchiest Bingo in town! 10 rounds of bingo with fantastic prizes and non-stop laughter! This is the night out you need!
- Cards are $20 at the door but reservations are required. This event will sell out! Reserve your spot by calling XY Bar at 316.201.4670 or message them on Facebook.
- Wear purple to show your support for domestic violence survivors!
Wednesday, October 27 @ 7-9 p.m.
- Join us at The White Building, 3219 E. Douglas, for a bourbon tasting like no other, presented by Dustin from R&J Discount Liquor.
- The tasting will feature Blanton’s plus 4 other single barrel bourbons. You will learn about what makes them unique and enjoy delicious appetizers in the warm ambiance of this historic building.
- Tickets are $100 per person and only 20 will be available. Purchase your ticket here.